Sometimes, just the thought of going to the gym is intimidating! Each day, the reasons may vary but it happens to all of us.
Below are 5 tips from SHAPE.com to banish “Gym-timidation” and boost your self-confidence.
- Find a Small Gym: If you are starting fresh and have a few options, look for smaller gyms or studios. Smaller gyms tend to cater to people new to the fitness scene, so you’ll automatically feel more at ease. Plus, you won’t need a map to navigate the space.
- Dress the Part: When we know we look freakin’ amazing, you will be more motivated and feel more confident in your environment.
- Make a List: Walk into the gym prepared with a list of your workout. Having a workout plan will help you commit to each rep, set and exercise.
- Remember, Everyone’s Been There: We all feel uncomfortable at the gym. Some days are worse than others. Remind yourself that everyone is more worried about themselves and they are hardly paying attention to you.
- Know Who To Ask: Schedule a time with a trainer to familiarize yourself with the equipment. That way, you can assure that you have the right people in your corner.